I just got a Lifestraw for my 14th birthday today and wanted to tell you a little bit about them.
Lifestraws are water filter straws (that are really popular; right now, my Lifestraw has 6,166 reviews on Amazon!). According to Amazon, A Time Magazine Invention of the Year winner, LifeStraw contains no chemicals, no batteries, and no moving parts to wear out. It features a high flow rate and weighs only 2oz. It is perfect for the Ultralight backpacker, camper, hiker, traveler, boy scout, hunter or for emergencies. Unlike many similar filters on the market today, LifeStraw has met EPA standards for water filtration in independent testing. LifeStraw has been used around the world under extreme conditions for humanitarian relief. Does not filter chemicals, salt, viruses, heavy metals, taste. Please NOTE: It takes roughly 3-5 seconds of sucking to start the flow of water through the filter.
In an emergency, you could definitely just stick this in a body of water and slurp up.
- Award-winning LifeStraw has been used by millions around the globe since 2005
- Removes minimum 99.9999% of waterborne bacteria (>LOG 6 reduction) and surpasses EPA standards for water filters
- Removes minimum 99.9% of waterborne protozoan parasites (>LOG 3 reduction) and filters to an amazing 0.2 microns
- Filters up to 1000 liters of contaminated water WITHOUT iodine, chlorine, or other chemicals
- Comes in a sealed bag, perfect for storing for emergencies
- Uses: Running, Hiking, Survival
- Really light: only 2 ounces
- It flows at 1.7 liters a minute